We are looking for an experienced Senior Credit Risk Manager to join our busy team.
The Sancus BMS Group offer a straightforward alternative to traditional lending. Our experienced credit committee can analyse risk on complex situations and provide quick decisions. We cater for a wide range of businesses, trusts and high net worth individuals providing short, medium and long term funding options.
Solutions include asset backed loans, development funding, working capital and secured cash flow funding. We are part of GLI Finance, an AIM listed SME investment business.
The group offers flexible funding for SMEs and entrepreneurs looking for a speedy, efficient service and Co-Funders seeking attractive risk-adjusted returns. The business has provided over £800m of funding to SMEs and entrepreneurs and has operations in the UK, Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar & the Isle of Man.
The success of the business has been built on sound credit analysis and effective risk mitigation. The experienced credit team are expanding with this new appointment and the role will support further growth of the business. The successful candidate will report to the Credit Director, Gary Mealing (pictured), and play a key role in analysing new credit propositions and managing existing positions, helping to deliver a first class service to borrowers while delivering sound returns to funders.
- Deliver robust credit and risk assessments, on a range of proposals from complex property developments to working capital funding;
- Produce reports on the key risks identified from the analysis and mitigations for those risks, to enable us to make sound credit decisions;
- Manage the monitoring of clients including but not limited to financial analysis, portfolio performance, client visits, recoveries actions and internal/external communications;
- Influence key stakeholders, especially our clients through the process and discussion of proposals with potential borrowers and their advisers
Education and Experience:
- Essential qualifications for this role are: CICM, ACIB, ACCA or an equivalent professional qualification;
- Significant experience in relevant commercial lending environment;
- Experience will have been gained from working in a commercial or corporate banking environment, including asset backed lending;
- Strong data management and financial modelling skills are essential;
- You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship or restriction.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to demonstrate your skills of articulation and attention to detail, that are required for you to show sound judgement and strong commercial awareness when assessing risk and managing the portfolio of clients;
- Proven ability to understand, analyse and present diverse commercial non-financial and financial information;
- Take accountability when monitoring clients to investigate queries and exceptions and to make sound and reasoned recommendations;
- A self-starter with the ability to work at pace and manage competing priorities within deadlines;
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership;
- Ability to always perform with the highest degree of accuracy with proficient use of MS Excel and Word;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work confidently both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Applications will only be considered if submitted with a cover letter and CV (please combine both documents in one document). Due to the volume of applications received, we are not able to respond to every applicant. All selected candidates will be contacted by 30/06/2018.